Thanks, Joe: ISIS Threat for This Weekend in Northern Virginia

The following story is brought to you courtesy of Red State. Click the link to visit their page and see more stories.

ISIS was trending this morning on Twitter, and that’s never a good thing.

The reason was because there’s a very real terror threat warning for the weekend in Northern Virginia.

Law enforcement is warning about a possible attack from an active terror cell on malls or shopping centers just outside of D.C.

From CBS:

“We have increased our police presence throughout the county to include major thoroughfares, transit hubs, shopping plazas and shopping malls,” Fairfax County police chief Kevin Davis said Friday.

Police said the increased law enforcement presence will be in place through the Halloween weekend and ahead of Virginia’s gubernatorial election. Law enforcement officials said they are acting out of an abundance of caution, and as they learn more about the threat, the increased law enforcement presence could be extended through Tuesday’s election.

“It’s just our responsibility to have a greater presence, to be more aware and to ask the community to have their eyes and ears peeled for suspicious activities,” Davis said.

The CBS story also notes the following: “ISIS has been more active since the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in August. Officials say threats from the international terrorist group and al Qaeda are accelerating.”

Why has ISIS been more active since we withdrew and why are al-Qaeda threats also accelerating? Because when Joe Biden pulled out of Bagram air base, thousands of ISIS terrorists were let loose. He also has now provided a nice safe haven now for al-Qaeda, which no longer has to be concerned about any action by the ‘government’ against them in Afghanistan — now that the Taliban have taken over.

I’m sure that the tens of thousands of random folks that Biden let into the country to pump up the numbers during the Kabul evacuation aren’t going to pose any kind of a danger at all. One member of Congress put it bluntly.

Gen. Mark Milley had already warned that more threats from Afghanistan itself were more likely — the only question was when, which he estimated could be as soon as 12 months.

On top of all that, we no longer have any bases in the area in order to be able to deal with any threats coming out of Afghanistan any more. The Biden team says they’re in “conversations,” but they don’t have anything yet — so we’re just out of luck because of the Biden precipitous withdrawal in the meantime.

Qatar is 1,500 flight miles away. They’ve tried various inducements, but nothing’s worked yet. After the horrible Biden withdrawal from Afghanistan, it’s not exactly inspiring too many people to want to ally with us, when we throw our allies under the bus as we did.

Undersecretary Colin Kahl (yes, that same guy who told Congress this week that they hadn’t left any Americans behind in Afghanistan) said they had nothing.

“We have not secured firm basing agreements” with any of Afghanistan’s direct neighbors, he said. He said U.S. intelligence estimated that the Islamic State-Khorasan, the Afghanistan faction of the terrorist group, could build the capacity to plan and conduct international operations within six months if unchecked.

We’re going to have to rely upon that Biden claim about its “over-the-horizon” counterterrorism operations.

Given what the Biden team did when they blew up 10 innocent people, including seven children, I’m not feeling very secure with their claims to be able to deal with much.

Unfortunately, while their claims of “over the horizon” capabilities are questionable, the threats from ISIS and other terrorists who hate us are very real.